Volunteer at Fantasy of Trees
Thank you for interest in volunteering to work at Fantasy of Trees to benefit East Tennessee Children's Hospital.
To provide a safe and quality experience for our volunteers and guests, and to adhere to certain insurance/liability policies governing the hospital, the following points must be followed in regard to age regulations for Fantasy of Trees volunteers:
- All volunteers must be pre-registered through the Fantasy of Trees website.
- Fantasy of Trees is family-centered. Volunteers must enjoy being around children and be willing to work with visitors with a positive attitude.
- Each shift is approximately four hours. Volunteers must cover their assigned area throughout their entire shift.
- Shift volunteers must be 13 years or older to volunteer.
- Children under 18 must have their volunteer sheet signed by their parent or guardian.
- Children ages 9-12 years may volunteer ONLY if accompanied by a parent or other adult.
- Children under 9 years of age are NOT allowed as shift volunteers with or without adult supervision.
- All volunteers (shift workers, committee members and chairs) are to abide by the age limits for volunteers, and this includes their own children (i.e., do not bring children under 9 with you to work). Arrangements must be made for the babysitting of ALL children under the age of 9 years during show hours.
- Note: Children 9 and younger should not be present at set-up or tear-down due to numerous safety hazards, heavy equipment, etc.
Volunteers will receive an email at the time of registration and will receive an email containing a PIN number for easier check-in when volunteering.
If you would like to be a ticket seller, please call (865) 541-8451 for more information.
Wish List and In-Kind Donations
Here are a few of the things needed at the Fantasy of Trees. If you or your company would like to donate any of these items or would like more information about making an in-kind donation, please call the Children's Hospital Development Department at (865) 541-8385 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Permanent ink markers - all colors, all sizes
- Ballpoint pens
- Copy paper (8 1/2 x 11; white or any color)
- Post-It note pads
Warehouse and Construction Supplies:
- Bubble wrap
- Packing tape and tape guns
- Flat carts
- Box cutters
- Work gloves
- Assorted hand tools (hammers, pliers, etc.)
- Shrink wrap
- Multi-plug strips
- Garbage bags (opaque, extra large size)
- Batteries - all sizes
- Paper towels
- Deli-type plastic gloves
- Christmas lights - new strings of 100 mini-lights (clear or multicolored)
- Bottled water and commercially wrapped individual snacks for volunteers
- Gift cards from hardware stores, grocery stores, office supply stores and cloth shops to be used to purchase supplies for various areas at the show
- Strolling characters -- costumed "critters," mascots, clowns and mimes to visit with guests on the show floor
- Celebrity autographed items for the Preview Party silent auction
- Gift certificates or merchandise for the Preview Party silent auction