Ways to Give
Support Pediatric Healthcare in East Tennessee
A message to donors from East Tennessee Children's Hospital VP for Institutional Advancement, Carlton Long
Your giving helps us make a difference. Since 1937, East Tennessee Children's Hospital has had an open-door policy to help sick kids. To keep serving our community with expert-level medical care, we need your help.
East Tennessee Children's Hospital is a 501(C)(3) tax-exempt institution. Without a tax exemption, Children's Hospital would be forced to pass along our increased expenses to our patients. As our number of patients grows each year, so does our need for more equipment and larger facilities to serve our community. We accept donations, gifts, and are always open to new fundraising ideas.
All donations are 100% tax-deductible and used to improve the services, facilities, equipment and patient care at East Tennessee Children's Hospital.
The following are just a few of the ways you can support East Tennessee Children’s Hospital:
- Legacy Giving – If you remember Children's Hospital in your will or revocable trust, you leave a legacy that helps us continue our mission of healing children far into the future. Learn more about how to include Children's Hospital in your will and estate planning.
- Donate Clothing and Items – Donations are always needed for children to use while they are hospitalized or receiving treatment. Read our guidelines for donating toys, clothing and other items and find out where you can drop them off.
- Plan a Fundraiser – If you would like to plan a fundraiser for the benefit of Children's Hospital, please follow our fundraiser guidelines and complete the application form linked below at least 90 days in advance of the event.
- Sponsor an Event - Every year, Children’s Hospital hosts a variety of events to benefit our patients and families. There are a variety of sponsorship opportunities available for all our events.
- Children's Miracle Network – East Tennessee Children's Hospital is a member of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH), whose mission is to increase funds and awareness for local children's hospitals in the United States and Canada. Donations through CMNH are used to support research and training, purchase equipment, and pay for uncompensated care.
- AmazonSmile – AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you do your shopping at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to the charity of your choice. Use this special link to shop from amazon.com to support East Tennessee Children’s Hospital.
AmazonSmile customers can now support East Tennessee Children's Hospital in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start generating donations.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into 'Settings'
- Tap 'AmazonSmile' and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
If you do not have the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app, update your app. Click here for instructions.
- eBay for Charity – Integrated into eBay's regular online auction platform, eBay for Charity makes it easy for people to support nonprofits like East Tennessee Children's Hospital. Buy and sell items on eBay and donate between 10-100 percent of your transaction to Children's Hospital.
For more information and answers to any questions you may have about donating to East Tennessee Children's Hospital, please reach out to a member of the Development Department using the contact information below.
Children's Hospital Development Department
P.O. Box 15010
Knoxville, TN 37901-5010
Phone: (865) 541-8441
Fax: (865) 541-8285
Office Hours: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. (M-F)