At North Knoxville Pediatrics we believe that providing the best possible care means being involved in all aspects of our patients’ lives and looking after their parents’ well-being too.
We offer after-hours nursing care by telephone through East Tennessee Children’s Hospital and urgent care clinics in our network. For after-hours care, please call (865) 541-8379.
Commitment to this community is our privilege and passion.
Meet Our Providers
Our team is committed to helping your kids stay healthy and reach their full potential. We invite you to get to know our providers and why they enjoy practicing medicine.
Angel D. Acevedo, M.D.
- Medical School: University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, MD
- Residency: University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, Pediatrics
- Certifications & Memberships: East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Medical Staff
Nicole Lopez, M.D.
Being a doctor is both a challenging and rewarding profession with many leadership opportunities and almost daily comic relief, thanks to my patients. The well-being of each child is my first priority, and I will always advocate for what is best for them.
- Undergraduate: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Medical School: Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Residency: Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, N.C., Pediatrics
- Certifications & Memberships: Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Medical Staff, American Board of Pediatrics, Partners in Pediatrics
Aside from pediatrics I enjoy reading, exercising, gardening, cooking, being outdoors, pizza, spending time with my husband and all things Harry Potter.
Angela Bell, C.P.N.P.
I went into medicine, because I wanted to work with children and make a difference in their health. The best part of my job is being able to work with children of all ages and getting to know the whole family.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Graduate: Master of Science in Nursing, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Certification: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certification, ANCC
I love spending time with my family, reading, playing the piano or spending time outdoors. I also love dogs and chocolate.
Carolyn Scarbrough, C.P.N.P.
I just love kids and taking care of them. Every child deserves access to excellent medical care, regardless of their financial resources or complex medical challenges, and we provide that care at Children’s Primary Care Center. Watching kids and their parents grow and overcome challenges is a joy and a privilege.
- Undergraduate: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.; Tennessee Wesleyan
- University, Fort Sanders Department of Nursing, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Graduate: Tennessee Tech University, Cookeville, Tenn.
- Certifications: Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse
My favorite ways to spend my time are writing (I have an M.F.A. from Bennington College), reading good books, hiking, bicycling, caring for my own children, traveling and gardening.
Schedule an Appointment