Karns Pediatrics is accepting new patients!
Our providers and staff truly care about children and their well-being. We believe that all children deserve access to quality health care. We are in the business of caring for children, regardless of their ability to pay. We encourage parents to be directly involved in their children’s health care, and we respect their opinions.
We offer wellness checkups and same-day sick appointments. We will find a convenient day and time for your family. Please call us at (865) 470-2560
We would be delighted to welcome you into our family.
Meet Our Providers
Our team is committed to helping your kids stay healthy and reach their full potential. We invite you to get to know our providers and why they enjoy practicing medicine.
Samantha Pollard, M.D.
I have always loved science and knew I wanted to be a doctor from a young age. I love that it provides the opportunity to learn new things every day and establish meaningful relationships while helping others. I love interacting with my young patients and establishing relationships with families in this community.
I love the autumn and watching the leaves change color. I also enjoy spending time with my family and cheering on the Vols.
- Undergraduate: B.S. East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Medical School: University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, Tenn.
- Residency: Children’s Hospital of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va., Pediatrics
- Certifications & Memberships: American Board of Pediatrics, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital medical staff, Partners in Pediatrics
My family and I love to play outdoors, and we are not afraid of trying new things.
Marta Kuniec, P.N.P.
I was born and raised in Poland. I moved to the USA 15 years ago. For the past several years I have been practicing in Athens and Madisonville.
I am excited to join the Karns community, and I look forward to meeting you. My husband and I have three boys and one girl. I am committed to giving all children their best chance for growing up healthy by delivering a high level of patient-centered care. I look forward to meeting you soon.
- Undergraduate: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn
- Graduate: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn
- Certifications & Memberships: Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Primary Care, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, East Tennessee Childrens Hospital medical staff
In our spare time, my family likes traveling to hockey tournaments for our boys and rodeos for our daughter.
Schedule an Appointment