Caring for complex nutrition issues in pediatric patients
Children's Hospital nutrition counseling and education services are provided by registered dietitians/nutritionists who will conduct individual sessions that are personalized to address each child's specific needs.
Our team is highly experienced and qualified to address a wide range of topics including:
- Obesity/weight management
- Food allergies
- Hypertension, nephrotic syndrome
- Pre-diabetes, insulin resistance
- Feeding concerns, failure to thrive, weight loss
- Anorexia/eating disorders once the patient is medically stable and also being followed by a counselor
- Tube-feeding evaluation
Referral forms are required. Once received, a team member will call the patient family to schedule an appointment. Reports will be provided back to the referring physician regarding the nutrition visit.
(ETCH practices may send referrals through ECW or by completing the attached referral form)