Children’s Hospital Volunteers’ Scholarship Information
- Past or present East Tennessee Children’s Hospital patient with a reoccurring illness who will matriculate from high school to an accredited post-secondary educational institution e.g. 2 or 4-yr. college, community college, junior college, technical institute, art school etc.
- Past or present East Tennessee Children’s Hospital patient currently enrolled in an accredited post- secondary educational institution e.g. 2 or 4-yr College, community college, junior college, technical institute, art school etc.
- Active East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Volunteer currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary educational institution e.g. 2 or 4-yr college, community college, junior college, technical institute, art school etc.
- Patient recipient – graduating high school senior (six to be awarded ranging from $1,00-$2,500)
- Typed 1,500-2,000 word essay: If you are the recipient of this scholarship, how will it help meet your goals?
- Letter of recommendation from high school counselor or teacher (cannot be from a relative or hospital employee)
- Returning college student book scholarship (Volunteer) – (5) $500 scholarships
- A 2.75 GPA verified by a certified school transcript
- Minimum of 30 service hours current academic year
- Typed 500-750 word essay: What impact has your experience with Children’s Hospital had on you?
- Letter of recommendation (cannot be from a relative or hospital employee)
Payment of scholarship
Patient Scholarships will be paid directly to the institution on the student’s behalf after verification of enrollment. Volunteer Book scholarship recipients will have funds sent directly them. Verification via proper receipts and documentation may be required.
* In those instances where a student has state funded or other scholarships, the Volunteer Scholarship funds may be used to reimburse student for educational expenses with appropriate receipts/documentation.
Students must enroll and use scholarship funds by September 30 of the year following receiving award. Any funds not used by the deadline will be forfeited.
- Applications will be accepted now thru April 1, 2022
- Application will be submitted to:
Mrs. Cheryl Allmon
Director Volunteer Services and Programs
East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
2018 Clinch Ave.
Knoxville, TN 37916
or email Cheryl Allmon at CAllmon@etch.com
- All applicants will be notified of the final action taken on their application by May 1, 2022