Why East Tennessee Children’s Hospital?
Start Your Career in a Truly Rewarding Field.
No matter what an employee’s background, experience or passion is, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital values what each staff member bring to every task at hand. Here, you’ll find a range of opportunities that will help you realize your goals - both in and out of the workplace.
We’re deeply committed to creating a environment that is known as one of the “best places to work” at all levels throughout the organization. Ongoing career coaching and development is provided to our employee in order to help develop their skills and advance their career.
We invite you to explore our career opportunities and learn more about our organization’s culture.
Because Children are Special…
- They deserve the best possible health care given in a positive, child/family-centered atmosphere of friendliness, cooperation, and support regardless of race, religion, or ability to pay.
- Their medical needs are closely related to their emotional and informational needs; therefore, the total child must be considered in treating any illness or injury.
- Their health care requires family involvement, special understanding, special equipment, and specially trained personnel who recognize that children are not miniature adults.
- Their health care can best be provided by a facility with a well-trained medical and hospital staff whose only interests and concerns are the total health and well-being of infants, children, and adolescents.
- Provide quality comprehensive pediatric health care to the infants, children and adolescents throughout our service area in an environment that encompasses service excellence and child/family centered care.
- Offer programs and services to support psychological, sociological, and physical development of the infant, child and adolescent.
- Provide physical facilities that provide safe pediatric health care services.
- Attract and support qualified pediatric physicians in primary and medical/ surgical specialty care.
- Assure viability as a not-for-profit, independent, pediatric referral medical center in East Tennessee.
- Offer meaningful and challenging employment opportunities.
- Promote environmental safety in the hospital and in the community.
- Assess the region’s pediatric health care needs and coordinate planning with other area health care providers to meet those needs.
- Enhance the community’s recognition and support of Children’s Hospital’s programs and services.
- Involve families and members of the community in meeting the Children’s Hospital mission.
- Facilitate collaboration between families and health care providers at all levels of health care.
Our Core Values
What are the core values of East Tennessee Children's Hospital?
- We use our diverse strengths in meeting our mission.
- We are compassionate to the concerns and needs of everyone.
- We communicate openly and sensitively.
- We listen to understand and adjust our behavior accordingly.
- We set the highest standards to deliver quality patient care.
- We are determined to achieve results.
- We constantly improve by being agile, flexible and innovative.
- We collaborate with one another, our patients, their families and the community.
- We are willing to question and be questioned.
- We are encouraging and inclusive.
- We manage solutions to conflict fairly and diplomatically.
- We are honest and trustworthy.
- We are responsible stewards of all our resources.
- We do what we say we will do.
- We take responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
- We possess an optimistic outlook even in times of change.
- We demonstrate our ability to enjoy and have fun at work.
- We are committed to being selfless servants.