Service Excellence Vision
To promote a culture of service excellence in all interactions with patients, families, guests, colleagues, physicians and the community through staff education, support and recognition.
Statement of Purpose
We strive to give extraordinary care and service to our patients, their families, members of the Children's Hospital family and the communities we serve.
Our Philosophy of Service Excellence
- We take pride in our professions and feel personal ownership and responsibility for fulfilling the Children's Hospital mission.
- We seek opportunities to be friendly and to help patients, families and coworkers.
- We are always courteous and respectful.
- We show care and compassion by acknowledging people's feelings.
- We demonstrate respect for the patient's privacy and confidentiality in all that we do.
- We never tire of explaining what to expect, what we are doing and why.
- We try to understand how our work affects others and look for ways to help each other out.
- We respect diversity among our patients, families, coworkers and our community.
Share a Compliment and Share a Suggestion Card boxes are placed conveniently throughout Children’s Hospital and at the Children's Hospital Rehabilitation Center to encourage input from our patients, families and guests. Cards are collected each week and routed to the Service Excellence Department. Compliments can also be submitted to us via our feedback form or by sending a letter to:
East Tennessee Children's Hospital
P.O. Box 15010
Knoxville, TN 37901.
If you have any questions about the service excellence program at Children's Hospital, please contact Lee Ann Easter, Director of Service Excellence, at (865) 541-8753 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.