Preparing for your Virtual Visit
You can access high quality care from East Tennessee Children’s Hospital in the convenience and comfort of your home. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your virtual visit. In order to see a Children’s Hospital doctor or other provider, your child does need to be in the state of Tennessee.
- You will need a computer with built in camera and microphone, smartphone or tablet and a reliable internet connection.
- Make sure all technology is working, including camera and microphone at least one hour before connecting.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
Gather the following before the visit:
- Your child’s weight and temperature
- A list of your child’s current medications
- A list of your child’s current symptoms
- Any comfort item your child may want during the visit
Space for the virtual visit:
It is important to find a quiet, private place for the visit to occur. The room needs to have good lighting and a place for your child to lay down, if needed, for the exam. Please make sure all pets are put away. Turn phones on silent.
At the time of the visit:
- Make sure your child is with you. If your child is not present, the visit will be rescheduled.
- Make sure your audio is not muted and your volume is turned up on your device.
- Please do not drive during the visit. It is important that you are in a home or private location.
- No eating or smoking during the visit.
- The parent/guardian does not have to be in the same location as the child for the visit. Parents can join the zoom call from another location.
- If the patient is a teenager, ensure there is an area where they can speak privately with the provider if needed