Volunteer at Fantasy of Trees
Thank you for interest in volunteering to work at this year's Fantasy
of Trees to benefit East Tennessee Children's Hospital. Some of the
areas where we need volunteers include children's activities, shop
sales, designers and entertainers. Please read the guidelines on this
page about how to volunteer at this year's event.
To provide a safe and quality experience for our volunteers and guests,
and to adhere to certain insurance/liability policies governing the hospital,
the following points must be followed in regard to age regulations for
Fantasy of Trees volunteers:
- All volunteers must be pre-registered through the Fantasy of Trees website.
- Fantasy of Trees is family-centered. Volunteers must enjoy being around
children and be willing to work with visitors with a positive attitude.
- Each shift is approximately four hours. Volunteers must cover their assigned
area throughout their entire shift.
- Shift volunteers must be 13 years or older to volunteer.
- Children under 18 must have their volunteer sheet signed by their parent
- Children ages 9-12 years may volunteer ONLY if accompanied by a parent
or other adult.
- Children under 9 years of age are NOT allowed as shift volunteers with
or without adult supervision.
- All volunteers (shift workers, committee members and chairs) are to abide
by the age limits for volunteers, and this includes their own children
(i.e., do not bring children under 9 with you to work). Arrangements must
be made for the babysitting of ALL children under the age of 9 years during
- Note: Children 9 and younger should not be present at set-up or tear-down
due to numerous safety hazards, heavy equipment, etc.
Volunteers will receive an email at the time of registration and will receive
an email containing a PIN number for easier check-in when volunteering.
Creative individuals and businesses can design and decorate a tree, wreath
or other item. More than 350 designer items, including door designs, centerpieces,
fireplace mantels, and trees ranging in size from two-feet to seven-feet
are available for decoration. All designer items will be sold at the Fantasy
of Trees. View and print the designer
We are no longer accepting applications for seven foot trees.
Individuals, professional chefs and school children are needed to design
and decorate gingerbread houses for sale.
Choirs, soloists, instrumentalists, magicians and other entertainers are
needed to be a part of the continuous live entertainment on the main stage
at the Fantasy Theater.
Now accepting applications for 2018 entertainment schedule.
If you would like to be a ticket seller, please call (865) 541-8451 for
Wish List and In-Kind Donations
Here are a few of the things needed at the Fantasy of Trees. If you or
your company would like to donate any of these items or would like more
information about making an in-kind donation, please call the Children's
Hospital Development Department at (865) 541-8385 or send an email to
- Permanent ink markers - all colors, all sizes
- Ballpoint pens
- Copy paper (8 1/2 x 11; white or any color)
- Post-It note pads
Warehouse and Construction Supplies:
- Bubble wrap
- Packing tape and tape guns
- Flat carts
- Box cutters
- Work gloves
- Assorted hand tools (hammers, pliers, etc.)
- Multi-plug strips
- Garbage bags (opaque, extra large size)
- Batteries - all sizes
- Paper towels
- Deli-type plastic gloves
Christmas lights -
new strings of 100 mini-lights (clear or multicolored)
- Bottled water and commercially wrapped individual snacks for volunteers
- Gift cards from hardware stores, grocery stores, office supply stores and
cloth shops to be used to purchase supplies for various areas at the show
- Strolling characters -- costumed "critters," mascots, clowns
and mimes to visit with guests on the show floor
- Celebrity autographed items for the Preview Party silent auction
- Gift certificates or merchandise for the Preview Party silent auction