Volunteer at Fantasy of Trees
Thank you for interest in volunteering to work at Fantasy of Trees to benefit
East Tennessee Children's Hospital.
Information about volunteering for the 2020 Fantasy of Trees is coming soon!
To provide a safe and quality experience for our volunteers and guests,
and to adhere to certain insurance/liability policies governing the hospital,
the following points must be followed in regard to age regulations for
Fantasy of Trees volunteers:
- All volunteers must be pre-registered through the Fantasy of Trees website.
- Fantasy of Trees is family-centered. Volunteers must enjoy being around
children and be willing to work with visitors with a positive attitude.
- Each shift is approximately four hours. Volunteers must cover their assigned
area throughout their entire shift.
- Shift volunteers must be 13 years or older to volunteer.
- Children under 18 must have their volunteer sheet signed by their parent
- Children ages 9-12 years may volunteer ONLY if accompanied by a parent
or other adult.
- Children under 9 years of age are NOT allowed as shift volunteers with
or without adult supervision.
- All volunteers (shift workers, committee members and chairs) are to abide
by the age limits for volunteers, and this includes their own children
(i.e., do not bring children under 9 with you to work). Arrangements must
be made for the babysitting of ALL children under the age of 9 years during
- Note: Children 9 and younger should not be present at set-up or tear-down
due to numerous safety hazards, heavy equipment, etc.
Volunteers will receive an email at the time of registration and will receive
an email containing a PIN number for easier check-in when volunteering.
If you would like to be a ticket seller, please call (865) 541-8451 for
Wish List and In-Kind Donations
Here are a few of the things needed at the Fantasy of Trees. If you or
your company would like to donate any of these items or would like more
information about making an in-kind donation, please call the Children's
Hospital Development Department at (865) 541-8385 or send an email to
- Permanent ink markers - all colors, all sizes
- Ballpoint pens
- Copy paper (8 1/2 x 11; white or any color)
- Post-It note pads
Warehouse and Construction Supplies:
- Bubble wrap
- Packing tape and tape guns
- Flat carts
- Box cutters
- Work gloves
- Assorted hand tools (hammers, pliers, etc.)
- Shrink wrap
- Multi-plug strips
- Garbage bags (opaque, extra large size)
- Batteries - all sizes
- Paper towels
- Deli-type plastic gloves
Christmas lights -
new strings of 100 mini-lights (clear or multicolored)
- Bottled water and commercially wrapped individual snacks for volunteers
- Gift cards from hardware stores, grocery stores, office supply stores and
cloth shops to be used to purchase supplies for various areas at the show
- Strolling characters -- costumed "critters," mascots, clowns
and mimes to visit with guests on the show floor
- Celebrity autographed items for the Preview Party silent auction
- Gift certificates or merchandise for the Preview Party silent auction