Why East Tennessee Children’s Hospital?
Start Your Career in a Truly Rewarding Field.
It is the mission of East Tennessee Children’s Hospital to improve
the health of children through exceptional, comprehensive, family-centered
care, wellness, and education. We ask a lot from our staff in order to
fulfill this mission, and in return we offer them competitive benefits
and salary, opportunities for professional growth, and a meaningful career
where every day you get to go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.
As a member of the staff, you will play an important role in lives of our
patients and their family. This is an emotional time for many people,
and many of them will be looking to us for comfort and guidance while
they seek the medical care their child needs.
Because Children are Special…
- They deserve the best possible health care given in a positive, child/family-centered
atmosphere of friendliness, cooperation, and support regardless of race,
religion, or ability to pay.
- Their medical needs are closely related to their emotional and informational
needs; therefore, the total child must be considered in treating any illness
- Their health care requires family involvement, special understanding, special
equipment, and specially trained personnel who recognize that children
are not miniature adults.
- Their health care can best be provided by a facility with a well-trained
medical and hospital staff whose only interests and concerns are the total
health and well-being of infants, children, and adolescents.
- Provide quality comprehensive pediatric health care to the infants, children
and adolescents throughout our service area in an environment that encompasses
service excellence and child/family centered care.
- Offer programs and services to support psychological, sociological, and
physical development of the infant, child and adolescent.
- Provide physical facilities that provide safe pediatric health care services.
- Attract and support qualified pediatric physicians in primary and medical/
surgical specialty care.
- Assure viability as a not-for-profit, independent, pediatric referral medical
center in East Tennessee.
- Offer meaningful and challenging employment opportunities.
- Promote environmental safety in the hospital and in the community.
- Assess the region’s pediatric health care needs and coordinate planning
with other area health care providers to meet those needs.
- Enhance the community’s recognition and support of Children’s
Hospital’s programs and services.
- Involve families and members of the community in meeting the Children’s
- Facilitate collaboration between families and health care providers at
all levels of health care.
- We use our diverse strengths in meeting our mission.
- We are compassionate to the concerns and needs of everyone.
- We communicate openly and sensitively.
- We listen to understand and adjust our behavior accordingly.
- We set the highest standards to deliver quality patient care.
- We are determined to achieve results.
- We constantly improve by being agile, flexible and innovative.
- We collaborate with one another, our patients, their families and the community.
- We are willing to question and be questioned.
- We are encouraging and inclusive.
- We manage solutions to conflict fairly and diplomatically.
- We are honest and trustworthy.
- We are responsible stewards of all our resources.
- We do what we say we will do.
- We take responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
- We possess an optimistic outlook even in times of change.
- We demonstrate our ability to enjoy and have fun at work.
- We are committed to being selfless servants.