Insurance Providers for Children's Hospital
The balance of any bill after insurance payments are made is the responsibility of the patient's parent or guardian.
Children's Hospital has agreements with the following TennCare networks:
- Amerigroup Community Care
- United Health Care Community Plan (UHCP, formerly known as AmeriChoice) -- United Health Care Community Plan
- Blue Care (BlueCross) -- BlueCare
- TennCare Select (Blue Cross) -- TennCare Select, TennCare Select BPN Network
- CoverKids of Tennessee (BlueCross)
Children's Hospital has an agreement with the following Government network:
- Tricare -- Prime and Select
Children's Hospital participates in the following commercial health insurance plans:
- Aetna Health Plans -- HMO, Open Access HMO, Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, EPO, Open Access EPO, QPOS-Aetna Quality Point of Service, Aetna Choice POS and POSII, Managed Choice, Health Network Option, Open Choice-PPO, Open Access Managed Choice
- Amera-Net -- PPO+
- BeechStreet -- PPO, Concentra
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
- Blue Cross Network P (Preferred) -- BluePreferred PPO, BlueCard Program
- Blue Cross Network S (Select) -- BlueSelect PPO, POS, BlueCard Program
- Blue Cross Network K -- Network K, PPO, POS (limited availability)
- BlueGrass Family Health Plans -- PPO
- CIGNA / Great West Health -- Open Access Plus-PPO, HMO and Open Access HMO, PPO, EPO, Cigna POS, Indemnity
- Community Health Alliance (CHA)
- Coventry Healthcare / First Health -- PPO
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems -- Select, Select Plus
- First Health / Coventry Healthcare -- First Health PPO
- Galaxy Health Network -- PPO
- Great West Health / CIGNA -- Open Access Plan, POS, PPO
- Health Payor's Organization, Ltd -- PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare -- PPO, HMO, POS-Open Access, PPO, Humana Classic, HumanaOne, CHA, PPOx, HMOx, Choice POS
- Interplan Health Group -- PPO
- Multiplan / PHCS -- PPO
- National Preferred Provider Network (NPPN) -- PPO
- PPO Next -- National Access, National Access Plus
- PRIME Health Services -- PPO
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) / Multiplan -- PPO / TPA’s
- Provider Select, Inc -- PSI-PPO
- The Initial Group -- PPO / TPA’s
- Three Rivers Provider Network -- PPO
- United HealthCare / United HealthCare of the River Valley -- United Choice, United Choice Plus, United of the River Valley, Options PPO
- USA Managed Care Organization -- PPO
CoverKids is a federally and state funded health plan through the State Children's Health Insurance Program, which provides comprehensive health and dental coverage to children in families who do not qualify for Medicaid, but cannot afford private health insurance.
Tennessee families earning less than 250 percent of the federal poverty level ($55,125 per year for a family of four) qualify for CoverKids and pay no monthly premium for the plan. Income-based co-pays are required for most services, though preventive care, including well-child visits, teeth cleanings and vision screenings are fully covered.
Families may apply online at www.CoverKids.com or by calling (866) 620-8864.
CoverKids is a program of Cover Tennessee, Governor Bill Haslam's initiative to address the health care needs of Tennessee's uninsured. CoverTennessee offers three other programs, including CoverTN, a limited benefit health plan for the working uninsured. AccessTN offers comprehensive health insurance for those who are uninsurable due to pre-existing medical conditions and CoverRx provides access to affordable prescriptions for Tennesseans who lack pharmacy benefits. For more information about any of the Cover Tennessee programs, visit www.CoverTN.gov or call 1-866-COVERTN (1-866-268-3786).
Financial Assistance Program
East Tennessee Children's Hospital recognizes that unexpected medical problems can create unexpected financial problems. Our staff is here to assist you in finding resources that may help cover your medical expenses. Every patient we treat with no insurance coverage is automatically eligible for discounts.
We will help provide financial assistance to all families. We are able to offer assistance in the following ways:
- Help you determine what programs you may qualify for
- Help direct you to possible insurance coverage and assist you in how to apply
- Determine any applicable discount amounts for uninsured patients
- Fill out a Financial Assistance Form for review for charity care.
Based upon your family's earnings, you may also qualify for discounts, payment terms or charity care. If you need financial assistance, please call our Patient Account Representatives at (865) 541-8187, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.