Accomplishments from May 2008 to December 2010 are delineated under each of the four broad goals of the council:
1 - Respond to hospital departmental requests
- Reviewed and provided input on the Child Life Outpatient Surgery Tour.
- Suggested items for inclusion in the Press-Ganey Boards for the inpatient units (to provide information to patient families)
- Reviewed and revised Patient Rights document
- Provided suggestions/edits to the Patient/Family Education Review Forms and processes
- Provided input and suggestions to improve discharge processes for ER and inpatient units
- Provided input and support for the Tobacco-Free Policy.
- Provided suggestions for improvement to the Family-Centered Care Committee on the “No Surprises” initiative.
- Offered suggestions and input into a Quality Improvement activity regarding patient satisfaction with procedures, initiated by the Sedation Suite physician.
2 - Provide outreach/education; provide educational opportunities for FAC
- Department reports to the FAC:
- Billing Department
- Sedation Suite
- Outpatient Surgery Tour
- NICU Family/Parent initiatives
- Received training on filming personal “Family Stories”
- Participated in the filming of “Family Stories” to be used as training for new employees and physicians (with the goal for the DVD to be produced by March 2011)
- FAC member selected to do video for Center Stage fundraiser
- Reviewed Joint Commission Report of 2009
3 - Input regarding facility planning and hospital development
- FAC member on website planning committee; FAC provided input and suggestions for the new website
- FAC members’ children painted pictures on the lobby temporary walls.
- Continued to offer input to the lobby renovation project
- Provided input and support for the NICU “grief room” (Butterfly Room)
- Suggestions for improvement to the parking garage, especially for families with special needs children
4 - Oversight of family committees/councils
- Continued to review Cystic Fibrosis Family group minutes
- Family-Centered Care Committee began reporting relationship to the FAC
- Art Committee representative reports activity to the FAC
- Website redesign committee representative reports monthly to FAC