Kohl's Cares Bicycle Safety Program
Kohl's has partnered with East Tennessee Children's Hospital to help educate kids and their parents about bicycle safety and injury prevention.
Safe Travels and Car Seat Inspections
Child Passenger Safety
The child passenger safety experts at East Tennessee Children's Hospital offer answers to these questions and more, including information on the proper installation and importance of using a child passenger safety seat, as well as the revised Tennessee law.
Pool Safety and Drowning Prevention
Drowning hazards are everywhere; swimming pools, ponds, lakes, bathtubs, toilets or even a bucket of water can spell disaster for a child. Read these expert water safety tips to find out how you can keep your child safe around water.
Safe Kids Coalition
As lead organization for the local Safe Kids Coalition, Children’s Hospital works to ensure that the Safe Kids Coalition of the Greater Knox Area works toward the seven Principles of Performance established by Safe Kids Worldwide:
- Develop an injury prevention plan based on needs assessments and ongoing evaluations.
- Comply with all procedural and reporting requirements within the organization and to relevant governmental or regulatory agencies.
- Conduct comprehensive outreach programs designed to reduce injuries to children in the communities served.
- Promote public awareness of Safe Kids and injury prevention through media and social marketing.
- Advocate for injury prevention legislation, regulations and enforcement of existing laws.
- Secure resources and community support necessary to fund and enable the ongoing work of the organization.
These strategies are accomplished by using/building on educational activities/efforts to reach parents, caregivers, children, health care practitioners and policymakers to change knowledge, attitudes and behavior through activities including displays at health/safety fairs, car seat inspection events and stations, bike fairs, hosting safety seminars/classes for parents/caregivers, conducting a media awareness campaign.